order now Whenever my nieces and nephews visit their most requested meal is pizza. My homemade pizza is famous! For every birthday and holiday it is an absolute must. One of the reasons I think that everyone loves it so much is that everyone makes their own. Most of them just put tomato sauce and cheese on it, but they get to pat out the dough, spread the sauce and sprinkle the cheese. Somehow that must make it taste better!
buy now Ingredients:
click here 2 Cups warm water
1 ½ Tablespoons yeast
1 teaspoon sugar
1/3 Cup sugar
1/3 Cup oil
1 teaspoon salt
3 cups whole wheat flour
1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
3 cups white flour
buy now Plus choice of toppings!
- In a mixer bowl (preferably with a dough hook) mix water, yeast and 1 t. sugar together. Allow to sit for 5 minutes.
- Add 1/3 Cup sugar, oil, salt, wheat flour and Italian seasoning and mix until combined. Add the white flour and mix with dough hook for 12 minutes.
- Put dough into an oiled bowl, turning to coat with oil. Cover with a towel. Allow to sit for 15 to 30 minutes to rise.
- Preheat oven to 425. Grease cookie sheets with spray.
- Pull off small fist sized balls and give to all the kids. Have them top it with their choice of toppings. I usually put two personal pizzas per cookie sheet. Bake them for about 15 minutes. Enjoy!
Note: I use spaghetti sauce for pizza sauce – the cheap 99 cents a can stuff. I’ve never had a complaint. Don’t feel limited to just red sauce though. We’ve used olive oil, barbeque sauce and ranch dressing as well.