click here This past Sunday I had a bunch of family coming over for lunch. I have a job in my church that takes up a bunch of my time Sunday morning so I didn’t have time to make breakfast. The other day, in order to inspire my kids to do some cleaning, I made one of their favorite muffins – Alton Brown’s Chocolate Chocolate Chip Muffins. While I was making them I decided to make a double batch and freeze them. I usually don’t use paper muffin liners but for freezing them, they are required. Here is how you do it:
- Make the batter for your muffins following your favorite recipe.
- Put muffin liners in your muffin pans.
- Put the normal amount of batter in each muffin liner.
- Instead of putting the muffins into the oven, put them straight into the freezer!
- Keep them in the freezer for about an hour, or until frozen.
- Take the muffin pans out of the freezer and remove each individual muffin. Put them in a labeled plastic zip bag.
- When you want to use the muffins, take them out of the freezer and put them into the muffin pans. Have them sit on the counter for about 15 minutes to defrost and then bake as usual. They may need a couple of extra minutes, depending on the recipe. Enjoy!
click here I love having these in the freezer on busy mornings. My family loves them and I get “from scratch” taste in a fraction of the time!